"Disk is Write Protected"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bird Brain

Im getting this now on this and the other computer but I have a bit of hope as the laptop works fine so all I can think of is that I have some sort of virus...I am doing a full virus scan but this is a real pain and is delaying me as I can proceed no further...unless I use the laptop...

As this affects more than one flash disk and a Mini SD card from my camera I suspect there is something on my computer....

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

OP
OP
B

Bird Brain

*Virus Scan*

Found this and also last night...

If done meticulously, this works :

The Disk is write-protected” problem Run Registry Editor (regedit). Navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control Right click on control and create new key. Name it as StorageDevicePolicies . (Copy and paste it from here if possible) Now click on StorageDevicePolicies and in right side pan right click and select create new dword and name it as WriteProtect. Double click on it and set its value to 0. Now restart your machine and try copying some files to your card

Just trying this...when I eventually found the key it was set wrong...Strange I could find this key until I made a folder of the same name.

OP
OP
B

Bird Brain

***Fixed**,I had the idea to make the new key last night.I was too tired though and it was p1551ng me off even more.

It's a relief anyway now I can get on with my work. :whistle:

Top Bottom