Disqualify Drink/Drug Drivers at Roadside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Drago, from what you can remember, would you say that there is any part of PACE that's slightly questionable?

What I mean is, compared to Aussie system you made out the PACE is a good thing, is there nothing that you thought was less than it should or could be? My view is anything in law isn't perfect on account it's created by a political process. I'm hoping you have a few juicy examples of loopholes you could drive a police car through or at least a copper's size 11 boot (possibly in the ribs)! We won't tell anyone!

Yes Scotland and Northern Ireland don't have PACE act like England and Wales but they have the equivalent through a mix of legislation. I think it makes sense to put it all together in one law personally.

Binhill1

I thought if you got caught you were up at court next day . If you report someone driving while drunk they are on it right away not like a lot of other offences.

Drago

Legendary Member
I thought if you got caught you were up at court next day . If you report someone driving while drunk they are on it right away not like a lot of other offences.

No, you'd normally be bailed to appear in court at a future date. You'd only be remanded for court in the morning if you posed an unde risk to the public, such as a repeat drink driver in a short space of time, repeat disqualified driver, etc.

Top Bottom