Dissertation help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicedavies0

*Research participants needed!*
Hi everyone, my name is Alice and I am a 3rd year Sports Science undergraduate. I am currently working on my dissertation at St Mary’s University, Twickenham and need your help!
I am researching the psychological demands experienced by recreational cyclists who compete in cycling races.
I am looking for individuals who are aged 18-30 who actively compete in cycling races. Participants will be required to take part in a zoom call interview lasting approximately 30 minutes.
Your participation is highly valued and greatly appreciated, if you are interested in the study, please feel free to drop me a message! If you know someone who might be interested, please reach out or share this post. Thank you :smile:
Email: 203057@live.stmarys.ac.uk

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'll ask my son, who's 19 and races at national level, to get in contact.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Cyclists continue racing far beyond their 30s. But there's a distinction between recreational riding and competitive riding. Two different things.

Sharky

Guru
I'm well out side your age range and was active from before 18 and very much active and still actively racing in my 70's.
In my case, the 18-30 ages was getting established at work, getting married, buying a house and bringing up children and a little bit of competitive cycling.

But good luck with your studies.

OP
OP
alicedavies0

alicedavies0

Cyclists continue racing far beyond their 30s. But there's a distinction between recreational riding and competitive riding. Two different things.

Unfortunately I was not allowed to use older participants as we were only allowed to use a narrow age bracket, however I would have found it really interesting to listen to the experiences of older cyclists. In research recreational is considered anyone who is not paid to cycle however I completely understand your point!

OP
OP
alicedavies0

alicedavies0

I'm well out side your age range and was active from before 18 and very much active and still actively racing in my 70's.
In my case, the 18-30 ages was getting established at work, getting married, buying a house and bringing up children and a little bit of competitive cycling.

But good luck with your studies.

Thank you !!

Top Bottom