DIY Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As my wife is expecting, she is in the nesting mode. Anyhow, I have got a day of DIY planned, or should I say, she has planned the day for me!

I really hate DIY!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Is it all baby related jobs, or just an excuse to fix all those little niggles that you've put off for ages?;)

Anyway, just keep thinking about the benefit to the little one - even if it's just keeping Mum's blood pressure down!

longers

Legendary Member
You're still on here Mr Nice :biggrin:

The sooner you start, the sooner you're finished. Hopefully ;).

Give us a list of the jobs and we could maybe think of some shortcuts for you.

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Putting in shelving for baby clothes

Paint the interior

Fix the draft on the front door

Decorate the new babys bedroom

AHHHHHH, SHE'S JUST CAUGHT ME ON THE FORUM!!!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nicensleazy said:

Paint the interior

Decorate the new babys bedroom

I was just thinking - Nicensleazy is addicted to
  1. Italian road bikes
  2. The CycleChat forum
  3. DIY-shirking!

Ho ho - you're in trouble now matey ;)!

longers

Legendary Member
No shortcuts I'm afraid, get it all done today and you can go up Box Hill tomorrow.

If you're allowed out ;)
Nicensleazy said:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:
DIY? :evil: I'm cutting porcelain tiles...'tis hard.:sad:
CC tea break at the mo' :sad:

you have my sympathy. Porcelain tiles were my biggest DIY mistake (and I've made a few). But, you don't really want to know that, do you?

They are very heavy aren't they? :evil:

I have diamond saws, grinders, drills and radial arm saw for just such 'mistakes' dellz...
Part of what I'm doing involves sheets of marble mosaic too - now that is a little tinker to stick evenly...luckily, wibbly wobbly is the new look! :sad:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
....only if wibbly wobbly is ok with her indoors (if you'll forgive the presumption). All I'm saying is this. Do not drop anything on the buggers.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
DIY? :evil: I'm cutting porcelain tiles...'tis hard.:sad:
CC tea break at the mo' :sad:

Ah! I was tempted by the sale at Homebase last week to buy porcelain tiles to redo the hall floor. I haven't bought them yet but would you warn me off?

No. My 600x300 floor tiles are going on the wall! Marble mosaic ditto.
I got what I think is a bargain from these people. They send samples etc and are very pleasant to deal with.
www.bathaholic.co.uk - there is a little bit on mosaic tiles then 'tiles' to the right of the title bar.
As far as doing a hall floor - fantastic stuff - if the style is right. Bicycle tyres could roll back and forth 'til kingdom come..! :smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
My bit of DIY today was a house move, from a little village near Inveness to a little village in West Yorkshire via my house. An early morning flight there and a 600 mile drive back.

When faced with a list of jobs, just do the first one on the list and forget the rest. When the first is done, cross it off and then look at the list again and repeat. Breaks it down into managable, individual tasks.

Nicensleazy said:

i'll swap doors with you if you like, mine is slightly too big for its hole, needs a good shove to get it to close and requires the use of a claw hammer hooked round the 'yale' lock to get it open again :smile:

it'll get better as the weather improves again, just hope its not too wet for a little while :wacko:

Top Bottom