DIY's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fred Simpson

New AUK member here, potentially stupid questions enslosed.

I want to enter my own DIY and have tried to find the answers to these simple questions, but failed so far.

I want to ride a 300DIY with my buddy and hope that we can both start / finish from our homes. My route passes both our houses. The Perms (I have done so far) allow you to start anywhere on the route, is is the same for a DIY ?

Or does he have to submit a second version with his place as start / finish point. If this is the case, that answers my second question about why I would need three virtual brevits.

many thanks

Fred

Ajax Bay

Guru
You submit your version, with your controls/route starting/finishing at your house. (I would plan this on RwGPS and then just 'Edit a copy' to alter the start finish point.) Export both gpxs and pass amended route one to fellow rider for them to submit.
Fellow rider submits the gpx which starts/finishes at their house.
You ride, presumably one arrives at the other's house (or local control) en route to meet up and ride on. And enjoy.
Why would you need 3 virtual brevets? Sneaky feeling I do not recognise the dilemma you feel.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You buy a DIY brevet, he does the same. You submit a DIY 300 starting your house,using virtual brevet bought from DIY organiser in previous step. Your mate submits a DIY starting from his house , using virtual brevet bought from DIY organiser in previous step.

You go ride and then upload your respective GPX track logs to audax.uk using link you’ll get in your entry email. You then wait for DIY organiser to validate your rides.

OP
OP
Fred Simpson

Fred Simpson

You submit your version, with your controls/route starting/finishing at your house. (I would plan this on RwGPS and then just 'Edit a copy' to alter the start finish point.) Export both gpxs and pass amended route one to fellow rider for them to submit.
Fellow rider submits the gpx which starts/finishes at their house.
You ride, presumably one arrives at the other's house (or local control) en route to meet up and ride on. And enjoy.
Why would you need 3 virtual brevets? Sneaky feeling I do not recognise the dilemma you feel.

Roger, and thanks

OP
OP
Fred Simpson

Fred Simpson

You buy a DIY brevet, he does the same. You submit a DIY 300 starting your house,using virtual brevet bought from DIY organiser in previous step. Your mate submits a DIY starting from his house , using virtual brevet bought from DIY organiser in previous step.

You go ride and then upload your respective GPX track logs to audax.uk using link you’ll get in your entry email. You then wait for DIY organiser to validate your rides.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Top Bottom