This is acceptable to me. I'm not sure that we are so hot on the prosecutions from cameras here in Leicester. At the moment cameras are prohibitively expensive because of the cost of sending someone round to change the plates in them after each picture is taken. Not to mention the price of the phosphorous for the dark winter evening shots.
Also I have no qualms about raising revenue by charging people to commit offences. Entirely fair because all charges are so easily avoided.
This is acceptable to me. I'm not sure that we are so hot on the prosecutions from cameras here in Leicester. At the moment cameras are prohibitively expensive because of the cost of sending someone round to change the plates in them after each picture is taken. Not to mention the price of the phosphorous for the dark winter evening shots.
Also I have no qualms about raising revenue by charging people to commit offences. Entirely fair because all charges are so easily avoided.
The ones round here are cctv cameras operated by a bunch of people in Rugby ( I think ). They are motorised so the operator scans a busy junction and picks off his prey. They store a digital image of the offence which is sent to the villian. I don't have a big problem with it but, from personal experience, I do know that any prospect of appeal is severely limited.
The ones round here are cctv cameras operated by a bunch of people in Rugby ( I think ). They are motorised so the operator scans a busy junction and picks off his prey. They store a digital image of the offence which is sent to the villian. I don't have a big problem with it but, from personal experience, I do know that any prospect of appeal is severely limited.
the offence is stopping in the box , as long as the vehicle is moving, and even really slowly they cannot nick you. I succesfully appealed as the footage showed the car moving very slowly. based on the position of the line and the time stamp on the video. the lights were green throughout the footage and the footage was cleverly edited to not show the muppet undertaking on the left to cut past the queue leading to the Box Junction.
LBWF 0
Subaqua 1
sadly the score was levelled by my wife stopping for 3 seconds longer than she should have in a 5 minute waiting zone a few weeks later.
the offence is stopping in the box , as long as the vehicle is moving, and even really slowly they cannot nick you. I succesfully appealed as the footage showed the car moving very slowly. based on the position of the line and the time stamp on the video. the lights were green throughout the footage and the footage was cleverly edited to not show the muppet undertaking on the left to cut past the queue leading to the Box Junction.
LBWF 0
Subaqua 1
sadly the score was levelled by my wife stopping for 3 seconds longer than she should have in a 5 minute waiting zone a few weeks later.
I could live with it only being people who actually stopped in the middle of the BJ getting prosecuted. It wouldn't stop everybody entering until their exit was clear but it might discourage some who would otherwise sit there like puddings until the light had changed and there were now people walking in front of them because the little man had gone green. I think if we only tackle the extremes of bad box etiquette it would make a difference.
GMP use smart cars with a camera on the roof for a variety of prosecutions, including seat belts, mobile phones, red light jumping and box junction infringements. They are usually manned (personned?) by TPCSOs.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.