Do expensive trainers cause injuries?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ASC1951 said:
Can't find it, Crackle :biggrin:

I must admit the bullshit on the makers' website makes me suspicious. "...your movements become the movements of a child—playful and sensitive, yet purposeful and confident. You experience the unbound joy of stepping, hopping, and running across any surface on earth, simply to get from here to there..."

Also recommended for ChiRunning, which I guess is ordinary running with added pretension.

:tongue:

Anyway, he didn't put it in the review section but he did review them. Here it is

ASC1951

Guru
Ah. I see Noodley is in favour as well. I shall give them a try. Who sells them at a sensible price?

Cedric

I used to walk four miles home from work every day, but gave it up because of sore knees and shin splits. Looking back the only time I didn't have problems was for the six months I was wearing an el cheapo pair of slip ons from Matalan (I'm not proud of that). These shoes were like leather slippers with virtually no heel and no cushioning, no problems with them at all. At the time I just though that my legs were getting stronger. When my "slippers" wore out I treated myself to a decent pair of Clarks shoes and, come to think of it, all the discomfort returned. I'm wondering about that now.

I seem to remember reading that barefoot running is part of the traditional Russian system of health BTW.

Top Bottom