do i need to worry about this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dzzi

Out riding last night hit a pot hole (not paying attention and you need to pay attention in Essex!)
Anyway bike started to make an annoying rattle, so i ignored it for 5 miles but it wasnt getting any better and i started to wonder if i'd pinged a spoke, anyway it turned out that the 2nd of my bottle cages had cracked between the 2 allen key lugs and this was the culprit, re-arranged and tightned bolts all sorted.....

However during my road side review i noticed that there was some (maybe 2-3mm) of lateral play in the bottom bracket, tbh i don't notice this when pedaling and the bb is still totally silent...

Im looking to do 100k this weekend and 100 miles next weekend (Essex Roads Autum Leaves)

Don't really think it needs replacing and don't really have time to get it to the LBS...what do you reckon ?

MisterStan

Label Required
2-3 mm play seems a fair bit, what type of BB is fitted?

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

hmmm just checked the spec and couldnt really find out but its the one that came with the bike (Specialized Secteur Elite 2011 Road Bike) its done around 5000k....at the risk of sounding stupid is this something that could be tighthened up as a temporary measure ?

MisterStan

Label Required
hmmm just checked the spec and couldnt really find out but its the one that came with the bike (Specialized Secteur Elite 2011 Road Bike) its done around 5000k....at the risk of sounding stupid is this something that could be tighthened up as a temporary measure ?
You could try, depending on the type of BB, you will need different tools.... can you take a pic and post it?

Top Bottom