Do I need women specific shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiffanywinnie

I'm thinking of getting some bib shorts and wondered do I need some specially designed for women?

Or if not bib type what about normal shorts, do I need WSD?

wafflycat

That'll depend upon if you're a girlie or not.

blazed

220lb+
Something like these should do the job.

16875_01_p.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If you're a lady, almost certainly. If nothing else, the pads in mens' & womens' shorts are different, anatomically appropriate shapes and sizes.

Riverman said:
That's what I read on the main page and thought I often wonder that myself.

:welcome::rofl:;):rofl::wacko::rofl::biggrin::rofl::rofl:

Maizie

Veteran
Some women's bib shorts I've seen seem to have straps in the normal place (i.e. like men's bib shorts), so they'd go right over your boobs.
Whereas more expensive ones have an arrangment that pops down your cleavage instead.
It may depend on your size, I certainly would have to go for the latter as I can't imagine the former being comfortable (but then again, I don't cycle in anything less than a level 4 sports bra because anything less is scarily [and painfully] bouncy!)
You probably need to get somewhere and try things on.

Edited to add: This thread is absolutely fine without pictures, actually.

gavintc

Guru
My wife mainly uses padded shorts, but has a pair of ladies bibs. Initialy, she used any padded shorts, until she realised that the pad is gender specific. Unsurprisingly, she finds it much more confortable to use women's pads and as a result does not like wearing my (male) bib shorts despite a couple of them having very wide straps that fit the female top half.

Top Bottom