Do I swap the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

How old are the kids ?

Keith Oates

Janner
If your wife is not keen then forget it, its bound to be a source on conflict in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LLB

I'd go for it in your position. I'd be looking for a Mondeo sized car when the eldest gets to about 12 though as I found with my own experience.

I'd be very happy to swap my baby Merc for the VRS Fabia now my eldest has got her own car, and I've only got the youngest to ferry around (merc has a huge rear seating area though - more leg space than my 4x4)

Skoda is a VW with a different badge.

I was very tempted to go for an Octavia VRS (ex plod car) before I got the merc, but my missus wasn't happy with the size of it (makes no sense to me as we had a Xantia which was of a similar size :biggrin: )

Just do it - our family car was a ford fiesta (or rather two different ones) until I was 16 and my bro 18. We occasionally hired cars for the odd holiday where we needed to pack more, but generally it worked just fine.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Originally Posted by LLB
How old are the kids ?

3 and 6.

The biggest things we carry are the bikes. But 6's can go on the roof, and 3's fits in the boot.
I'm not a parent, so not very familiar with the law on such things, but I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to carry kids either on the roof or in the boot.

Ben

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I'd go for it, the Fabia's a good car. Especially if you have the option of using your old car if need be, its a win win situation ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I would go for it as well especially if you have the option of using the bigger one for holidays.

Top Bottom