Do you cycle for pleasure in an English National Park?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneVoice

Defra have launched a public consultation on the governance arrangements of National Parks.

Residents, visitors and users are being hijacked in the media by scare-mongering conservationists only interested in the spending cuts, which detract from the purpose of the review.

This consultation is for the people who matter – residents, workers, visitors and users on the accountability of National Parks – not about spending cuts.

We’re looking for grass roots community partners like you who can help get our online residents & visitors Survey to a wider audience – please help ordinary folk to get heard!

Click here for more information
http://bit.ly/bf79Xs

Please help us, thank you

One Voice
www.onevoice.officeoverload.com

[ADMIN NOTE: This is *NOT* a DEFRA survey - it is by and for One Voice. Decide for yourselves whether you wish to contribute.]

jay clock

Massive member
I haven't even opened the link but it sort of gives your agenda away when you use a phrase like "scare-mongering conservationists"

You say that "Residents, visitors and users are being hijacked" by these conservationists. Strikes me that residents, visitors and users can also be conservationists.

I shall open this and look at it now, but not before I flag this as in the wrong forum(AT TIME OF POSTING IT IS IN TOURING AND EXPEDITION)

jay clock

Massive member
OK, have now read it and it is very clearly written by a career politician/local govt type person with no consideration that someone without mastery of the impenetrable jargon might actually have a view

As an aside, I would guess the author is an avid Daily Mail reader.....

eg

If NPAs administrative powers were removed, the 2 Statutory Purposes could be transferred to existing local authorities or bodies

Should NPAs duty to foster the socio-economic well being of its communities be made a Statutory Purpose?

Other conservation bodies could be given sole or joint responsibility for existing SSSI's, AONB's etc., if the administrative powers of the Park were removed.

Top Bottom