Do you feel harassed by motorists while cycling?

Do you feel harassed by motorists and do you use a cycle helmet?

• Yes, I feel harassed by motorists and I use a helmet

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No, I don't feel harassed by motorists and I use a helmet

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes, I feel harassed by motorists and I don't use a helmet

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No, I don't feel harassed by motorists and I don't use a helmet

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Sometimes/Sometimes

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other / Refuse to answer / Chain's slack

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Where is the option for 'rarely feel harassed by motorists, and don't often wear a helmet'? The available options make the presumptions that Motorists and cyclists always behave in a particular manner, when they don't. More options please.

classic33

Leg End Member
What's a slack chain got to with either helmet usage or being harassed by motorists?

Last slack chain chain I had whilst wearing a helmet, with a car being driven in a manner that was nudging me sideways.(harassing me) weighed over 6 Kg and was ready should he try a third time. He didn't for some reason!

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Where is the option for 'rarely feel harassed by motorists, and don't often wear a helmet'? The available options make the presumptions that Motorists and cyclists always behave in a particular manner, when they don't. More options please.
I don't have an edit link but have asked if we can. For now, please use "Other" for such things if you don't feel one or the other is more usual for you.

Why have you picked these two points to link together in your poll? What does being harassed by motorists have to do with wearing a helmet?
:huh: They're often linked by people (recentish example follows) and I wanted to see how the numbers stack up.

Because far, far too any "smart-arse awkward idiots" in motors THINK (I regret using that word in this context) that a helmet means a cyclist is impregnable and will bounce. And therefore feel entirely blameless when they pull unforgivably close overtakes, and attempt death-defying SMIDSYs.

What's a slack chain got to with either helmet usage or being harassed by motorists?
Attempted joke. I did consider "new bike" or putting a reference in to a certain forum poster who runs a lot of polls, but chose that one instead. :smile:

Top Bottom