Do you have Aphantasia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thank you for this thread. It will really help me to understand and help children at school who struggle to follow oral instructions.
I did ask some young ones (uni age), why most of them could not follow simple oral instructions.
The answer was "send us a what's app", we are used to this kind of communication.
Right enough, a few months later a new manager started communicating us work instructions via instant messaging: productivity increased threefold!
Then they left, the new manager banned mobile phone use on shift: it was chaos again, team members misunderstanding or forgetting instructions.
Teams were aged 18 to 25.

I see 4 and 5, or a red version of 3.
Mine was 6 and a red 3

I did ask some young ones (uni age), why most of them could not follow simple oral instructions.
The answer was "send us a what's app", we are used to this kind of communication.
Right enough, a few months later a new manager started communicating us work instructions via instant messaging: productivity increased threefold!
Then they left, the new manager banned mobile phone use on shift: it was chaos again, team members misunderstanding or forgetting instructions.
Teams were aged 18 to 25.

That's interesting. I have a tendency to write stuff down as I'm told it because if I don't I forget very fast.

Thank you for this thread. It will really help me to understand and help children at school who struggle to follow oral instructions.
Interesting! I used to find that when I was at school during writing compositions that my brain would create a story that I would become so involved in that my hand couldn't write fast enough and so missed out words. When I read it back to myself much later it was utter gibberish ! :wacko:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Interesting! I used to find that when I was at school during writing compositions that my brain would create a story that I would become so involved in that my hand couldn't write fast enough and so missed out words. When I read it back to myself much later it was utter gibberish ! :wacko:
Nowadays, you could dictate your story to a computer program!

So is there a difference in reading a novel as to listening to one on the radio ?
Uh, for sure: I can't focus on the oral word for too long, unless it's work, when I'm paid to pay attention.
I'd rather have a story written down for me to read, to imagine the words so to speak.
In the linked test, I can see clearly in my mind most of the examples given.

Top Bottom