Do you know about cigars? Are these likely to be good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've 3 Romeo y Julieta No.2 cigars in aluminium tubes - one of them wasn't screwed tight when I just pulled them out of the draw. They are though 6 years old. I've no intention of smoking them but would like to give them to a friend and it would be ideal if I knew they were more likely to be smokeable than not - though being in an ordinary chest of drawers for that length of time is it a long shot? I've no idea.

Thank you

sunnyjim

I've 3 Romeo y Julieta No.2 cigars in aluminium tubes - one of them wasn't screwed tight when I just pulled them out of the draw. They are though 6 years old. I've no intention of smoking them but would like to give them to a friend and it would be ideal if I knew they were more likely to be smokeable than not - though being in an ordinary chest of drawers for that length of time is it a long shot? I've no idea.

Thank you
As long as they're not cracked (and in Al tubes that's not likely) they should be OK in sealed tube. but if one has dried a bit, it will recover if left in a ~60 - 70% RH atmosphere or humidor for a few days.

A bit of damp sponge in a plastic food storage at room temperature makes a reasonable humidor.

I'm not a regular smoker, but occasionally get good cigars & try keep them in condition until the right occasion.

Cubist

Still wavin'
As long as they're not cracked (and in Al tubes that's not likely) they should be OK in sealed tube. but if one has dried a bit, it will recover if left in a ~60 - 70% RH atmosphere or humidor for a few days.

A bit of damp sponge in a plastic food storage at room temperature makes a reasonable humidor.

I'm not a regular smoker, but occasionally get good cigars & try keep them in condition until the right occasion.

This ^^^

They'll be a bit dry, but will recover if rehumidified.

R & J were one of my favourites. If your mate turns them down send them to me!!

Top Bottom