Dodgy covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I agree - a horror. I gave up at 1:30.........

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The Carla Bruni one is dreadful. She's trying to do that breathy French chanteuse thing, which requires minimal vocal skills but does need some presence and craft, and she can't even do that and it goes all wobbly on every phrase. Awful.

The Celine Dion / Anastacia one is just bland. I am not sure if that's more or less offensive. The sad thing about Dion is that she can actually sing - and her chansons in the more classic French style are really not bad. However there seems to be a hideous transformation when she sings in English and everything goes MOR.

Norm

The Celine Dion / Anastacia one is just bland. I am not sure if that's more or less offensive. The sad thing about Dion is that she can actually sing - and her chansons in the more classic French style are really not bad. However there seems to be a hideous transformation when she sings in English and everything goes MOR.
Sadly, that is the only thing I've seen by Dion which hasn't had me reaching for the off button.

On the bright side, it did have Meredith Brooks on guitar, which made up for the dreadful Anastacia.

Maz

Guru
I once heard an appalling Motorhead cover of this delightful little ditty.
*hides*
I enjoyed that!

Top Bottom