Does anyone else take their dog too?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kryton521

Über Member
One day, in the not too distant future, I hope, I would like to get a Hungarian Vizsla puppy. Train Him/Her to run with me on gravel/mtb rides. But this has nothing or very little to do with the post. But I did, once, take Kryton my Staffie on bike rides in a trailer.

Both ours go out every day in their trailer, a Croozer Dog towed behind a Cube e-bike, it's amazing how much extra wear and tear the rear tyre and brake pads get when towing 50kgs.....

Ours both love their trailer and when we go camping we take the wheels off it and they often sleep in it out of choice.

We weren't sure at first how useful a dog trailer would be and why would a fit dog even need one, but i can say that since we bought one 3 yrs ago that ours has now done around 3500km with the dogs in, i even rode them up La Planche des Belles Filles last year before stage 6 of the TDF (yep cheated, was on the e-bike as bits of it were super steep and had already rode it that morning once)

Re the wear and tear: had to change the disc rotors last month as well as the pads again. Also the trailer hitch snapped last week, i may have been a bit ambitious and watched too many Danny MacAskill videos:laugh: but i was able to see how the trailer behaved with just the safety strap on and one dog in, the other is good enough to run along side when needed.

Top Bottom