Does anyone go cross-country skiing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nkaj

Hi,i live in Finland and as my bike is being repaired i decided to do some other excercise.Since theres snow here i tried cross-country skiing,skating style.I have to tell you,this is the hardest workout iv ever had.Seriously it works every bit of your body and is apperently extremely good for your arobic conditioning.Anyway i just wanted to know if snyobdy else has been skiing and what it been like for them if they have.
Thanks.

Moi, Nkaj, mitta kulu? :eek:

I live in sunny Oslo and have previously done quite a lot of cross-country skiing. I agree that it is a very good workout, possibly the best you can get, combining bith strength and stamina.

The free-style (skating) skiing is indeed hard work, but try the classic style for a harder burn and MORE pain!

I will soon be out skiing (in 2-3- weeks) but I am a fair-weather skier as I'm allergic to grey weather! :biggrin:

OP
OP
N

Nkaj

Dayvo said:
Moi, Nkaj, mitta kulu? :angry:

I live in sunny Oslo and have previously done quite a lot of cross-country skiing. I agree that it is a very good workout, possibly the best you can get, combining bith strength and stamina.

The free-style (skating) skiing is indeed hard work, but try the classic style for a harder burn and MORE pain!

I will soon be out skiing (in 2-3- weeks) but I am a fair-weather skier as I'm allergic to grey weather! ;)

Moi!
er Hyva,enta sinulle? Yeah thats about all i can say in Finnish so... Its good to hear that theres a Norwegian skiier,after all Norway is the land for skiing! Im very lucky at the moment to have (hiihto loma) skiing holiday so iv just been,i tried skating style on tuesday,did 5 k on thursday and 10 yesterday.Unfourtunatly given my inexperience i went incrediably slowly but it was amazing going through the beautifull landscape and so fun!

Stephenite

Membå
Sorry, dont know any Finnish other than 'Lapin Kulta'! :tongue:

I haven't got the skis out this year because of a hurt back, but used to go often. It is a great full-body work out, especially if your technique is as bad as mine!

I managed to get lost about three years ago. I was out in a forest east of Hamar. An area unfamiliar to me. I drove as far into the forest as i could on summer tyres(!) and started skiing at 7pm with the intention of an hour or two's leisurely tour. It was pitch black, no moon, snowing heavily, and i had no map or compass. To cut a long story short, forest tracks at night under snow all look exactly alike, and i didnt find the car again til 3am!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
We've had the best winter here in the Lakes for years.
attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
N

Nkaj

Stephenite said:
Sorry, dont know any Finnish other than 'Lapin Kulta'! :smile:

I haven't got the skis out this year because of a hurt back, but used to go often. It is a great full-body work out, especially if your technique is as bad as mine!

I managed to get lost about three years ago. I was out in a forest east of Hamar. An area unfamiliar to me. I drove as far into the forest as i could on summer tyres(!) and started skiing at 7pm with the intention of an hour or two's leisurely tour. It was pitch black, no moon, snowing heavily, and i had no map or compass. To cut a long story short, forest tracks at night under snow all look exactly alike, and i didnt find the car again til 3am!
Haha i agree with the technique bit...Yeah it amazing how easy it is to get lost while skiing,I went recently night skiing and it was beautifull to look at the moon but without the flood lights i woudnt have ever made it back .

Top Bottom