Does anyone know the model or have info?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LrSpace

As the title says: does anyone know the model of this bike? Found it for 140$. Is it even worth 140$? Thanks everyone!

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m not convinced it’s actually a Trek, but a no name ‘Bicycle Shaped Object’ with aftermarket decals. What does the seller claim it is?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is one of the reason why I said in your other post that buying at this price was fraught with problems. This is clearly a fake. Frame looks like steel rather than aluminium so wi be heavy as hell. Much better to wait until you have a bit more money and buy a better bike, going this route is going to cost you more money in the long or short run anyway.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Definitely not a Trek bike, only their early steel MTBs had a threaded quill stem, they were an early adopter of a modern threadless headset.

It's probably "ok" at $90 as a stopgap, but I wouldn't expect the parts to be particularly durable or to be an enjoyable ride.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
All the Treks I've seen with proper quill stems had frames made from normal sized round tubing. Go compare a proper Trek MTB like an 850 Mountain Track with that faked BSO and see how different they look!

I'm no expert like you folks but what was decidedly odd about it to me was brand brand brand plastered on it with no model name at all.
Bike marketeers like to give pretty much everything a name.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Could also be a stolen one given a different appearance to disguise it, although you'd think if someone was going to go to that trouble they would do it with more expensive machinery with more profit potential.

Top Bottom