Does anyone make a narrow wheelbase trailer or...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
...sell a kit of parts to make one, or has anyone adapted one to make it narrower.

I want a trailer for shopping. Have used a single wheel one in past but bit of a pita. Want a two wheeled one for stability but rear access to the house is via a passageway and there are two drainpipes bang opposite each other which make it too narrow, not by a lot but by enough, for nigh on every ots trailer I have read up on so far....

raleighnut

Legendary Member
See if you can get hold of a second hand cheap (steel) one for parts like couplings etc then modify that. I too cannot access the rear of my house with the trailer attached but simply unload the trailer at the front door then detach it and carry it round the back.
Mind you the fabric has rotted due to UV so I'm planning on modifying my own soon, once my legs better, but that was always the plan from me purchasing it.

stuee147

i would say the same as @raleighnut get hold of a steel trailer and modify it the simplest way would be to simply cut out 2" (or however much you need off) out of the cross members then using a bit of tube either slid inside the 2 bits or over the outside of the cross members and either bolted or welded together it wouldn't take more than a hour or 2 and it will be the perfect size

[QUOTE 3153438, member: 45"]Steal the one from your local Waitrose.[/QUOTE]

Waitrose copied me!

I had a BikeHod long before they started using them

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 3153438, member: 45"]Steal the one from your local Waitrose.[/QUOTE]
Ours doesn't do bikehods. :sad:

Lack of demand I'm told.

Top Bottom