Does anyone own a Topeak Joe Blow Max II floor pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigfella

Über Member
I recently purchased one from Wiggle and used it twice at the most. Now when I use the presta side of the pump it does not seem to press the valve in to open it up.

Can anyone tell me if there should be a piece of plastic in the hole that is in the shape of a cross, like on the schrader side? Maybe this has fallen out, but I find it unlikely?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cranky

Have you tried letting some air out of the tyres before pumping them up?

I have one particular set of tubes where the valves stick shut very tightly under back pressure. (I have a Joe Blow Sprint BTW).

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I had one fo them for years, very good pumps. Its the problem with Presta valves, they need a little nudge to make them loose so they take some air.

l4dva

Guru
Hi there,

I just recently got one of these, and to be honest im not quite sure what I think. I used another topeak track pump at lbs once and it pumped with great ease and to high preasures (I don't know which model it was but im guessing a more expensive one than this)

Anyways I just tried to pump up my tyres to 80 psi, and it was a bit of a struggle!! The higher it got the harder it was to push. and at about 80 it really struggled to go any higher.

My tyres(specialized borough's) say on them they can go up to 100psi, I think I usually have them at about 60 but thought why not try this pump out see how high I can go!

Dose anyone else find it a struggle once they pass 80psi??

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Are you weak?

l4dva

Guru
No no weak! I think I may of had the red arrow that you point at your max preasure on 80, but even when i turned that to 100 it still struggled. I'll give it another go later, maybe im doing somit wroung

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
The red arrow bezel is only a marker, it does not effect the pump itself.

I pumped mine up to 100psi earlier. Granted it gets harder above 60psi but I expect that.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have one of these and it's excellent but tricky with Presta valves. You might need to try reconnecting it a couple of times before you get it right and the air flows easily. If the connector isn't pushed on fully the resistance can be heavy and you'll struggle. Correctly set up you can achieve over 120lbs easily.

A pal has bought a cheapo Halford track pump,which is designed for MTB tyres. It's too fat and consequently a struggle to get up to even 80.

Chrisz

Über Member
I got one years ago and swear by it xx( I always unscrew the valve and press it in briefly to free it up. Then attach the hose head and 120psi = no problem at all :biggrin:

Top Bottom