Does anyone use trekbuddy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

I've just downloaded it for my blackberry, and i'm pretty impressed with it so far. (only been on there about an hour!)

Does anyone else use this program as a mobile map? how do you find it>?

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Well i've got to tell you, it's pretty good!
So far I have a fairly detailed map of east anglia loaded on to the phone, also a street level map of my home town and of london.

it's a breeze to use and you can load maps for offline use, so there's no data download while you;re out and about.

not sure yet if you can load routes onto it to overlay the maps, but just as a portable map it's bloody good!

My next task it to make a street level map of the whole of the south of england... see if that works!
You can make the maps by downloading info from google maps, so they're exactly the same as the google maps... very nice

andym

Über Member
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I have a PDA and use Memory Map for UK and IGN's GeoRando for France. This looks like it could be a pretty good free alternative - especially if you don't need topographic mapping. Though I must admit, the instructions for setting up Atlases look a bit intimidating.

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

I just found out you can get google earth images as a map from that pogram too, not sure how useful it is... but I can see my car!

EDIT:
Also any national cycle routes are plotted on the OpenStreetMap cycle mapping facility... could be handy.

jit8910

Using Atlas Creator

I have used the atlas creator, but on the Atlas download information window, it tells me that it was completed and the atlas was created successfully, but I have no Idea what to do now. If I click the "open" button, it just takes me to the 32 folder, and nothing in there is a .tar. I'm really confused as to how to find the atlas file that was created. HELP PLEASE!?!?!?!?!

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Top Bottom