Does Everyone Get This Excited.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threshold

The night before picking up a new bike?
Cyclesheme finally ripens, and an Aether 20 has my name on it for pick up tomorrow. I know its not very exotic or high end, but its the first 'real bike' I've ever had, and although its described as a 'Winter or training 'bike, its worth more than half the cars I bought as a youth! Might even post a pic even if its not a full carbon flying machine! :sad:

Norm

threshold said:
The night before picking up a new bike?
:thumbsup: I don't know what you are talking about. :B) (I was so excited I collected my last one 4 days before I got the cheque to pay for it. My LBS know me pretty well, though. :ohmy: )

:wahhey:to the new bike, doorstep, I like the looks of the Aether 20, pretty decent spec for that price.

Post pics.:sad:

I think you have a very good bike for the price. The drivetrain may look a bit of a mish-mash on paper but it will be a very nice ride I'm sure. And as for looks, personally I think it is quite a looker. Enjoy.

Bill

bauldbairn

2Loose said:
..and a review after a week or so.
I am very interested in the Genesis road based bikes for my next try at cyclescheme :wacko:

dave r said:
Someone else very interested in Genesis bikes, I will be looking for a replacement for my Dawes later on this year and I do like the Aether 20

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/road/aether/aether-20/overview/

Very nice bikes - someone posted a thread on here about their mate buying the "ultimate commuting machine" a Genesis Cross Country bike. Very nice it was too - I'd never heard of them before, but checked out their full range on Chain Reaction Cycles website. British design apparently.:sad:

J4CKO

I am in the process of buying an aged "Kona Bear" MTB off a lad at work and I am quite excited, never had a full bouncer before and it completes my full set of Road, Hybrid, MTB and Pub Bikes.

OP
OP
threshold

threshold

Just a quick update, good and bad!
The bike is superb, featherweight, manoeverable, lighting quick off the mark, but, as I've just come back from an enforced 3 month injury lay off, I find I'm having to commute on my old MTB, as the bottom cog on the compact set of the Aether is too high geared for me to pull it up the hills I encounter on my way to work, whereas the ultra low granny on the MTB will.

Oh well, I am hoping I'll get enough leg strength/fitness back to use the roadie eventually, perhaps I should have gone for a Trek triple after all!

Lady LDN

To the OP - Huzzah for the CycleScheme!
I was bouncing off the walls when I got my voucher, let alone the excitement I felt the day before picking up my bike ;)

Tynan

Veteran
when I'm in a narky enough mood I'm going to have a right go at people getting more than one bike for commuting to work, it's robbing us/me of our taxes

no, nowhere I've ever worked has done the cyclescheme

Top Bottom