Dogs..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
Just found this video online (sorry if it's already been posted)! I've been chased by dogs before, but this is just ridiculous.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

YouTube link for those who can't play LiveLeak - No translation on the YouTube clip though.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
What an over reaction!:eek: If he'd kept his mouth shut and just carried on riding they'd have got bored and left him alone, but no he yells at them and waves the bike around which stirs the dogs up even more.

Milo

Guru
Yea shouting at a pack of exited dogs is a pretty thick move. As you say they would have lost interest if you just carried on. Not that you should have that many dogs running loose on a public road mind.

OP
OP
HovR

HovR

Über Member
Yeah, he didn't really help the situation, and it turned in to a bit of a shouting match - But to be fair if I had that many dogs approaching me starting to bark I'm not sure I'd remember the correct protocol!

Milo

Guru
It is hard to tell but they don't look all that aggressive at the start just over exited I've had a pair of dogs do a similar thing to me and after getting off the bike all they wanted was a stroke. Mind I've had dogs go for my ankles before so know what they can be like.

Wag to the left or wag to the right. Two different meanings (no i haven't watched the video). One side is friendly, one side is wary and I can't remember which is which. I know, not a lot of help am I.

Lee_M

Guru
Wag to the left or wag to the right. Two different meanings (no i haven't watched the video). One side is friendly, one side is wary and I can't remember which is which. I know, not a lot of help am I.

really? well you live and learn! My dog has one wag that goes from one side to the other, never noticed it being biased in one direction

Sandra6

Veteran
I think I'd have been screaming too in his shoes.
I love how it went from 50 dogs to a thousand and the farmer was still just saying "we need that many"

Greece forever!!! :thumbsup:

btw the dogs were only warning him! It was just a territorial declaration without a hint of aggression! He was triggering the argument. He should have dismount and walk through without eye contact, as they were not protecting the road, they were guarding the farm and were just doing their job!

The guy is a proper plonker! :headshake:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
oh that's a lot of dogs, i counted about 20 at one point. If you dont like dogs that would be pretty scary, my 5 year old daughter hates dogs and would have gone mental if that had happened.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Okay, if you are not used to dogs then coming across a pack of them would be scary. Unfortunately though that chap made the incident much worse for himself by yelling at the dogs from the moment they approached.

From the dogs point of view, here is an intruder who is making a lot of noise and trying to enter their territory. When they try to scare him off he makes more noise and starts making threatening gestures.

They could have genuinely attacked him but they didn't - they were just trying to make him go away.

It's fortunate that he didn't hit or kick any of the dogs as that likely would have led to an attack.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Yelling doesn't help when amid a bunch of dogs. Should have kept cycling and not gone off on one. None of those dogs were using any aggressive body language, he should have kept riding and not acted like such a plonker.

I can see how it would be scary for a person who doesn't like or understand dogs but they really were not much of a threat. I thought that the farmer was quite restrained really.
I live on a farm and there are 7 dogs here, then again we don't get cyclists coming down our road as its is private and goes nowhere except the fields.

Top Bottom