Dohhh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnHenry

Loose member.
Has anyone else ever tried to put a 700c tyre on a 27 inch rim?

No, thought not, I'll get my coat and a new set of tyre levers. :cursing:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
yes and it didnt work , but you can use tubes for either in other if that makes sense

Halfway through a 100km MTB event I got a second flat and found that my 'spare spare' tube was for a 24" rim.

That'll be for one of the kids' bikes then.... Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!

I stretched it round the rim (sitting it inside the tyre was impossible) and with a little air in it just about got in to stay there without ripping or pinching.

Grit and gravel were everywhere and I was the saddest little bunny in the universe as fellow backmarkers whipped past me.

To my compete amazement, it got me to the end of the event. It stayed in that rim for the next couple of years.

I'm not saying there is a God, because I don't know. I don't believe in him/her anyway.

But... if there is a God, He or She looks kindly upon stupid MTB riders who fail to prepare.

Here endeth the lesson.

tyred

Legendary Member
There was the time that I discovered that the spare tube which had spent two years in the bottom of my saddle bag was actually 20 x 1 3/8" for my folding bike. I found this out at the side of the road on a dark,wet night on a bike with 27" wheels:cry:

There was the time that I discovered that the spare tube which had spent two years in the bottom of my saddle bag was actually 20 x 1 3/8" for my folding bike. I found this out at the side of the road on a dark,wet night on a bike with 27" wheels:cry:

To which the answer is one of the below:

A. That's why we were born with strong biceps and the ability to perform the impossible when we have to.

B. That's why we were born with a mobile phone in our hand and either the spouse or a minicab company on SpeedDial.

C. I'm terribly sorry to hear that. The walk home must have been bleak and full of shivering self-pity.

Top Bottom