Domestic Abuse - Getting help during lock down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
A topic close to my heart and in light of recent reports, for all those during this lock down and all other times, you should not be suffering ANY form of abuse from your domestic partner. The emergency services are still available to you and you are allowed to leave home for such reasons. Remember to dial 999 and press 55 if you are unable to speak if you or another member of the household are in danger... Please, stay safe....

OldShep

Über Member

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Closing the off licences and shops that are licenced to sell alcohol should be a big step to curb this. But they are deemed as essential.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A topic close to my heart and in light of recent reports, for all those during this lock down and all other times, you should not be suffering ANY form of abuse from your domestic partner. The emergency services are still available to you and you are allowed to leave home for such reasons. Remember to dial 999 and press 55 if you are unable to speak if you or another member of the household are in danger... Please, stay safe....

And delivery drivers, posties, other essential workers, and even neighbours need to look out for the signs.

And not be afraid to speak up, if they're worrried

Isolation is often used as a form of control.

So this lock down, will be a dangerous time for many.

We can look out for each other.

This article has links to other sources of help.

ttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/30/abusive-partner-lockdown-domestic-abuse-charities-women-home

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
When you get a professional boxer posting videos on how to beat your wife correctly during the covid-19 crisis I don't think there's much hope for us..he has lost his license and apologized but wtf was he thinking..

Not sure 'thinking' would come into it..

We still live in a world where some people find this kind of thing entertaining - everyone can have a part in changing that.

Not glorifying violence, would be a good start.

Top Bottom