Donana National Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I'm off to Spain last two weeks in March, picking up a bike in Malaga & heading up to Seville.

No fixed plan yet but thought maybe onto Huelva, a place I've not visited before, then down to Jerez & back to Malaga.

I don't want to go inland and would like to ride through the park from Huelva to Jerez, does anybody know if this is possible? My search so far does not appear positive.

albal

Guru
I rode this. Finished a tour in Tarifa, and headed to Huelva where I boarded a ferry to the canaries. The Donana national park is as you probably know, a beach.

I rode/walked the 18 mile stretch towards Huelva . I did notice a big Green bus with fat tyres using the hard/sand when the tide was out. Never saw any bikes attached so I assumed it was not for cyclists. A wild boar + young spotted tho.

Would I ride it again? Probably not. You will see lots of guys fishing/or some sort of dredging, clams I guess. Good luck.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I rode this. Finished a tour in Tarifa, and headed to Huelva where I boarded a ferry to the canaries. The Donana national park is as you probably know, a beach.

I rode/walked the 18 mile stretch towards Huelva . I did notice a big Green bus with fat tyres using the hard/sand when the tide was out. Never saw any bikes attached so I assumed it was not for cyclists. A wild boar + young spotted tho.

Would I ride it again? Probably not. You will see lots of guys fishing/or some sort of dredging, clams I guess. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I've had a good look and it doesn't look pleasurably doable so I've had a re-think and am flying to Alicante instead, maybe do a Valencia/Albacete loop, whatever, it'll be warm and I'll get some sun on my legs.:okay:

Top Bottom