Donated today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Gave my single speed bike away today to a local county organization that provides donated bikes to those that can’t afford one.

1970s Schwinn SuperSport
ChromeMolly frame
Weinmann center pull brakes
Flip Flop hub
Straight bars

Goodbye old friend! 👋🏼🙂

IMG_6107.jpeg

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Gave my single speed bike away today to a local county organization that provides donated bikes to those that can’t afford one.

1970s Schwinn SuperSport
ChromeMolly frame
Flip Flop hub
Straight bars

Goodbye old friend! 👋🏼🙂

View attachment 698495

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
We’ve got a shop in our area that does this as well. I pass all my good used parts on to them as well as any low mileage tires or other useable goodies that end up in the bin at the bike shop I work at. There’s some crazy things that are written off under warranty for cosmetic defects so I’m often turning over “new” parts to that shop.

Makes me want to go out on the showroom floor and scratch some stuff up!

1970s Schwinn SuperSport
ChromeMolly frame
Flip Flop hub
Straight bars

Goodbye old friend! 👋🏼🙂

View attachment 698495

Excellent. It's great when someone donates a ridable bike that doesn't need cleaning and repairing...

We’ve got a shop in our area that does this as well. I pass all my good used parts on to them as well as any low mileage tires or other useable goodies that end up in the bin at the bike shop I work at. There’s some crazy things that are written off under warranty for cosmetic defects so I’m often turning over “new” parts to that shop.

Makes me want to go out on the showroom floor and scratch some stuff up!

Where can I find a bike mechanic like that in my area? Perhaps I should be cheeky...

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Where can I find a bike mechanic like that in my area? Perhaps I should be cheeky...

As previously mentioned, I’m fixing up an old mountain bike a friend gave me to donate to this shop. It cleaned up well and after replacing a few cables and a tune up works quite well, but then you notice the back tire, it’s toast. No problem, I’ll chuck a tire on it.

Well that would look silly next to the worn front, so it becomes a pair.

Seems silly to put new tires on old tubes, so a pair of those go on as well.

Then you notice the broken spoke… so a new spoke is made and the wheel reworked.

I also found a nice seat for it…

It’ll likely be the nicest donation in a while when finished. Thankfully the Trek dealer I work at is supporting me on parts.

We all need to pitch in…

And perhaps being a bit cheeky with the local shops might cause some parts to head your way, can’t hurt to ask.

Top Bottom