Don't do as I do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Nicko,

I'm not too worried, I just realised that I made a mistake and I thought it would be worth posting it as an example of what not to do! If I was worried I wouldn't be cycling!

Sh4rkyBloke,

To be fair to the HGV he was a fair distance away, so I had no problems with him pulling out. I had plenty of time to adjust my speed and stop if necessary.

Yes there are a lot of muppets but who knows, maybe a muppet will read this thread look at the video and think twice in the future.

By the way, I'm interested to know how MOP relates to muppet on bike :smile::ohmy:

So what is the worst mistake you have made?

I was in a bit of a commuter race with another guy on a roadbike, blasting along Embankment. When we got to Parliament Sq we both took it at full speed heading for Wesminister Embankment, he dived up the left of the queue at the lights and, like a muppet, I follwed him.

He shot through the tiny gap between a truck and the raillings, and as I went for the same tiny gap the lights changed and the truck started! I brushed against the corner of the cab as I came out from his left :smile:

Not ever doing that again!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, I had a little race with a gearie yesterday, I was on my fixed and still caught him up at 25mph+. Problem was, the guy undertook a left signalling bendy bus at the intersection of Bressenden Place and Victoria st. We were turning right to go down Vauxhall Bridge road a little further on. Eeek!

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
So what is the worst mistake you have made?

It was a classic, when I was still pretty new to town centre cycling. Filtering down the left of a bus at a left turn corner, with pedestrian railings.

After I'd restraightened my handlebars, I knew not to do it again.

Top Bottom