Doping in the women’s peloton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I was thinking about doping gits today and it struck me that (somewhat naively) I never think about doping in women’s racing! I wondered if anyone more knowledgeable than me had any thoughts on the prevalence of doping in women’s cycling?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It goes on !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was thinking about doping gits today and it struck me that (somewhat naively) I never think about doping in women’s racing! I wondered if anyone more knowledgeable than me had any thoughts on the prevalence of doping in women’s cycling?
If ( big if?) they're tested as much as the men in the pro peloton, then I'd suspect that doping is less than in the men.
There are many fewer cases even in the mens' world tour than before, which, perhaps naively, I hope shows that there are fewer cases all round in the new, younger generation.
Apart from Pog and Rog who are clearly on the juice^_^

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I suspect there's less simply because there's less money in women's racing. Having said that even the amateurs dope*.

* From a French friend who was at a weekend series of events: "The word went round, 'no vampires today', and the speed went up and the attacks came thick & fast".

Both gender in pro athletics for very long, so should not be a surprise for cycling which had the sloppiest oversight and exemptions of any sport.

Top Bottom