Dorset Gravel Dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Looks fun - I like the rule "Don't be a dick"!

OP
OP
HorTs

HorTs

Über Member
How did you get on?

I didn't manage not to be a dick but the ride was good.

There were some low points because I was suffering from Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (not to be confused with Foot and Mouth Disease), I just wasn't feeling very well.

The weather was a challenge too, it was raining pretty hard for about a third of the distance and duration.

It's the first time I'd done anything offroad for any real distance and felt more like a 200 miler than 100.

Great route and people. I would highly recommend it should this be of any interest to anyone.

I have some pics, I'll try and upload them.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I didn't manage not to be a dick but the ride was good.

There were some low points because I was suffering from Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (not to be confused with Foot and Mouth Disease), I just wasn't feeling very well.

The weather was a challenge too, it was raining pretty hard for about a third of the distance and duration.

It's the first time I'd done anything offroad for any real distance and felt more like a 200 miler than 100.

Great route and people. I would highly recommend it should this be of any interest to anyone.

I have some pics, I'll try and upload them.
BTW, read your blog post about choosing a new bike. The Mason is lovely- though it'll be over £2.5k- but there are a couple of alternatives. Litespeed have just launched an updated Gravel (not a T5 any more) which ticks absolutely every box on your wish list. Full set of rack and mudguard mounts (if only they'd done that in 2015...oh well, I have rack and guards anyway thanks to LBS ingenuity), three bottle cage mounts, bento box mount, huge tyre clearance (up to 650Bx 2.1 inch or 700x45)…
http://litespeed.com/our-bikes/titanium/adventure/2018-gravel No UK distribution right now, but they'll sell you one direct ($2499 f&f).
Also: Lynskey GR250 (definitely available in UK) might suit.

U

User169

Thanks for those suggestions; the Litespeed, like you say, has everything I want and would have certainly been an option. It's a shame I didn't find it when I was looking but there are now wheels in motion.

Are you already in touch with Mason? Post some piccies if you do get one. Couldn't be happier with my Al Bokeh.

Kajjal

Guru
Off road is a lot harder than on road especially if it gets rough, technical and steep. Having to pull the bike over stuff on steep climbs really takes it out of you.

OP
OP
HorTs

HorTs

Über Member
Are you already in touch with Mason? Post some piccies if you do get one. Couldn't be happier with my Al Bokeh.

There aren't many photos but this one is particularly nice.

i6cv2u.jpg

Top Bottom