Double puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

So I was cycling home Friday evening along the greenway in Chester it’s very nice cycle way very quite at night my favourite part of my commute great for thinking time
When bang I hit a hole the size of crater how I managed to stay upright I don’t know front rim a massive dint in the side wall luckily no damage to the rear but managed to puncture both tubes
It’s the first time in over 30 years of regular cycling I have managed to puncture both wheels
I could of rode home if was just the front but being a Brompton I didn’t fancy messing with the back wheel in the dark big shout out to wife for rescuing me
So inspection Saturday morning
New rim for the front plus new tube
Just a new tube for the back
Hopefully be back on it by Thursday

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pretty decent the Greenway !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I friggin hate potholes.

Back last October I got a new set of handmade Spa wheels for the commuter. Took just a week to dent the front wheel due to a bloody pothole.

So I was cycling home Friday evening along the greenway in Chester it’s very nice cycle way very quite at night my favourite part of my commute great for thinking time
When bang I hit a hole the size of crater how I managed to stay upright I don’t know front rim a massive dint in the side wall luckily no damage to the rear but managed to puncture both tubes
It’s the first time in over 30 years of regular cycling I have managed to puncture both wheels
I could of rode home if was just the front but being a Brompton I didn’t fancy messing with the back wheel in the dark big shout out to wife for rescuing me
So inspection Saturday morning
New rim for the front plus new tube
Just a new tube for the back
Hopefully be back on it by Thursday

Whereabouts on the Greenway was this ?

Presumably you can report potholes to sustrans in the same way as reporting them to the local council ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Watch where you are riding to avoid such incidents!

Not always easy when mixing it with traffic at night.

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

Watch where you are riding to avoid such incidents!
In all honesty it was so big I should of spotted it a couple of mitigating factors it was pitch black even with a Brompton dynamo light and a cat eye volt 1300 on full light plus I had just done a 12 hour shift I was in the middle of a 10 mile cycle way it was 11 at night usually just have keep an eye out for wildlife the odd badger and rabbit and one one memorial occasion a cow and I would say it is usually in lovely condition and a credit to sustrans

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
These things happen, kudos that it wasn't even worse with you being on a Brompton (I mean I'd imagine the smaller wheels make incidents like this even more tricky - I've never ridden one). I had a flat on a tandem recently going downhill and the road was very pot-holed, tried to avoid them, but one got me!

Top Bottom