Dragon Sportif - Blowouts..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

koro

I know there was 4000 cyclists out doing the Dragon yesterday, and averages would say that that there would be more punctures/blowouts..
As someone who had 2 front wheel blowouts, there seemed to me to be considerably more than usaul having similar probs. Out of curiosity I am wandering why this should be.:headshake:

what does 'blowout' mean? I get what it means in literal terms, but do you mean punctures, pinch flats, or some other pressure/heat/tyre-related failure..?

OP
OP
koro

koro

what does 'blowout' mean? I get what it means in literal terms, but do you mean punctures, pinch flats, or some other pressure/heat/tyre-related failure..?

As in `pop` you hear the tube blowout... same result, as in a change of tube

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Thjere where lots of people getting them last year I think its partly with so many riders on the road you dont see stuff like glass glinting on the road in front of you as you would out on your own.I was lucky in n ot getting any a friend got 3 .Possibly the later ones could have been from stuff left in the tyre or pinched tube putting tyre back on,hard to say.

I dont run on super light racing tyres though.I use Michelin Krylion Carbons or Bontrager racelights , both have a bit of protection but still roll pretty good.

Top Bottom