Dragon Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have heard that this years Dragon was very well organized. Unfortunately I was working this year and couldnt make it. The Dragon is a fantastic ride which has been dogged by administrative hiccups in the past. Heres hoping thats all in the past.

If you want a place you need to get up early when it goes online in December I think. Has sold out 4000 plus places in a few hours in the past.

The Longest (GF)route was seriously tough this year so chapeaux to all that completed it.
011-3.jpg

View from top of Rhigos ,not that you will have time to admire it for long.

don't forget - the 'Dragon route' is actually open 365 days a year. The only day it wasn't free to ride it was yesterday.. ;)

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
don't forget - the 'Dragon route' is actually open 365 days a year. The only day it wasn't free to ride it was yesterday.. ;)

You could have ridden it a few weeks ago on the Cyclechat Baby Dragon. We did a shortened version of the route taking in the major climbs/descents total cost was buying me a birthday pint halfway round ^_^Not the same feeling though theres something about a big ride with thousands of riders that gets the adrenalin going .

koro

The GF route was horrific, shear torture for me, got around though... Difficult to imagine on how it could of been run any better (although on site camping would have been good). Like Banjo says, it would have been so easy to give up without it being a big ride with thousands of others. Besides which, I doubt you would have people cheer you on in some of the villages you go through, I certainly dont underestimate how much that helps you on.

Special mention to the people manning the feed stations, first class job.

Top Bottom