Draycote water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Swift

Hi all

I have a mountain bike and a road bike.... My friend has a road bike..... I'm going round Draycote water on Tuesday next week with my son in his bike seat on my mountain bike... My friend wants to come.
Neither of us have been there before, would a road bike with standard tyres be ok round their?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Is it gravel track around the lake ? i would not like to ride road bike tyres very far on gravel.

David Wilkinson

Draycote water would be fine on a road bike. Tarmac all the way round.
We've taken our kids on their bikes plenty of times.
There's usually lots of other families cycling round as well.
Nice little cafe at the start / finish.

Shanksy

Yes they do charge for the car park though cant remember how much - i think its £1.40 ish.

During the summer there are lots of flies around the lake so id suggest sun glasses for everyone and tell your kids to keep their mouths closed ish lol

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

Yes they do charge for the car park though cant remember how much - i think its £1.40 ish.

During the summer there are lots of flies around the lake so id suggest sun glasses for everyone and tell your kids to keep their mouths closed ish lol
Sorry for the late reply.... Thank you very much for the information you provided me. Took my road bike round there today was awsome.

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

How many miles is it round the path ??
About 5 miles mate

Top Bottom