Driver with his own rules

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Didn't bother with a thread the other day, linking to my vid of the arrogant to$$er who decided to overtake a line of 6 cars and a bus to get beyond the ASL and a headstart on the traffic... but was reminded of him today when I saw him again on my commute in. Seems his actions in that video were not a one-off, he is in fact a sh*te driver with some need for anger management.

He was stuck in traffic (again) and revving his engine whilst trying (presumably) to make the bus that was pulled over in the bus-stop* hurry up and move. I filtered past him, negotiated round the front of his car and behind the bus, and continued onwards with a smile in my heart and a chuckle in my belly. I do believe he was seething with rage. :hyper:

Unfortunately I must have knocked my camera cable out inside my bag so have no amusing footage to gloat over. :ohmy:

Needless to say, his actions did not make the bus move any faster, and it was some time before he went past me down the road when he finally managed to overtake it (presumably, and hopefully, at the next stop)

* To be fair it is a bad bit of road design that puts a bus stop right at the same point as a traffic island... thus forcing traffic (cars etc.) to wait behind the bus until it has finished collecting passengers.

Either they wait nicely and get a bit peeved as they could be getting past the bus when there's no traffic on the other carriageway, or (very few) jst drive on the wrong side of the road past the traffic island thus making it very dangerous indeed.

Sh4rkyBloke said:
* To be fair it is a bad bit of road design that puts a bus stop right at the same point as a traffic island... thus forcing traffic (cars etc.) to wait behind the bus until it has finished collecting passengers.
I don't think its that bad, its probably done deliberately as traffic calming. It also helps the peds that have just got off/ are about to get on the bus cross the road. What I disagree with are traffic calming schemes that do this with cyclists. IIRC there's a study stating this should be avoided.

nilling

Über Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
* To be fair it is a bad bit of road design that puts a bus stop right at the same point as a traffic island...

Near us there is a bus stop on a very wide road that now has a new traffic/ped island. When the bus is at the stop it's actually in the pinch-point so no traffic can pass. I think it's designed intentionally like that.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
nilling said:
Near us there is a bus stop on a very wide road that now has a new traffic/ped island. When the bus is at the stop it's actually in the pinch-point so no traffic can pass. I think it's designed intentionally like that.
Same as this one... but it then "forces" (much like us cyclist force drivers) some people to overtake the wrong side of the traffic/ped island (seen it a few times) or just riles them when it's clear of oncoming traffic but they can't squeeze through... and believe me, they try to squeeze through!! :wacko:

Top Bottom