England : London Dulux Revolution 185 miles 14/05/2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RamirezAGC

Hi, Is anyone else doing the London Revolution this May? Day 1: 100 miles, Day 2: 85 miles

I foolishly decided it was a good idea many months ago and now it's just around the corner and I'm sure I'm not ready.

My longest ride is 30ish miles and I'm following their suggested training plan (pretty much :whistle:) but if anyone has any tips for a Miracle recovery for the 2nd day I'd be very grateful.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Make sure your training has "double days" in it. Build up your miles pretty soon, so you've done say 80 miles on Saturdays and 60 on the Sunday before it and you'll be fine, but you need to be stepping up the 30milers to 50-60 pretty soon.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If you haven't already done so, get some good quality padded cycle shorts and chamois cream, 180 miles in two days is going to hurt if you are not properly equipped.
:rolleyes: Just before long rides is not the best time to be adding/changing padding to your saddle area unless you feel there is some problem to be addressed. Too much or the wrong type/shape of padding can be as uncomfortable as not enough.

Equally, creams before, during or after rides may help or they may cause problems - it varies. If you're considering them, test them before the real event if you can.

180 miles in two days is probably going to hurt the first few times anyway. After I ride 100, I sometimes wonder why I did it :laugh: OK, I visited three or four places, but often I could just as well have ridden 50-60 mile rides to each place, or broken the ride halfway. A notable exception is Lynn-Norwich-Lynn which is inevitably 85 miles, so 100 in a day is temptingly close.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Eat. Lots. At dinner after the first of your double days. Unless you want to lose weight.
Eat during the ride too. I find bananas good but you may have different preferences. If you leave it until dinner, you may find your appetite isn't strong enough to take on board the energy you're going to need for the second day. On LEL, I quickly got myself into the habit of a banana every 25 miles after suffering on the first day through waiting until dinner.

Bearing in mind you're 4 weeks away from the ride, your kit should be pretty much sorted by now and I wouldn't change anything unless you're trying to address a specific issue rather than "make things better".

Good luck and most of all, enjoy yourself!

Top Bottom