England : Durham Durham Big Ride - The Beast Sep. 9th 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone doing The Beast this year, done it every year always a great ride. Lots of climbs, gunna be good training for me this year as am doing the Etape Pennines a month later.

‘The Beast’, is 50 miles and will start, as previous years, from the A167 -Sniperly Park and Ride site. We expect bumper participation for both events this year as all the feedback we got from you all was great!
As always, we encourage all ranges of age and ability to the Durham Big Ride and welcome charities to talk to us as to how we can help you raise funds via our events. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us through the website: www.durhambigride.co.uk

eltelio

I'll be there Cloughy, still enjoying your blog by the way..

OP
OP
Paul Clough

Paul Clough

I'll be there Cloughy, still enjoying your blog by the way..

Cheers Eltelio,,, haven't been out much lately really,, back been playing up. Plus not all my workouts are logged as I don't have a smart phone, and have to track it manually when I get back DOH....

Changed seat post and seat on my road/straight bars bike, think the new riding position causing me problems.... Hopefully out next week.

eltelio

I thought something must have been up as its a while since your last blog entry. Been out quite a bit myself lately. Put in a couple of rides with Terry (Gipa) from Anfield Plain. The Sunderland Bike Ride last weekend, and I'm looking forward to the C2C again in a couple of weeks time. Always good craic with the crowd I go with. Long holiday weekend coming up so I will probably fit in a longish ride somewhere there as well..keep well anyway. Laters dude.

carolonabike

That looks good, I'm tempted. Looking at the photos though, everyone seesm to be on either a hybrid or on a mountain bike. Is it suitable for road bikes?
I missed the Sunderland Big Bike Ride for the same reason, I did it last year but the route was changed this year and the website said it was unsuitable for road bikes :sad:

OP
OP
Paul Clough

Paul Clough

That looks good, I'm tempted. Looking at the photos though, everyone seesm to be on either a hybrid or on a mountain bike. Is it suitable for road bikes?
I missed the Sunderland Big Bike Ride for the same reason, I did it last year but the route was changed this year and the website said it was unsuitable for road bikes :sad:

If u talking about the Beast,, then,,,Yeah sure is, it's all road.... :smile:

Top Bottom