E-Bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
So I sold something last Sunday on this site.
It is big so has to be collected. I have had no contact from the buyer or payment but this member has been busy buying other things so is around and has 200 odd positive feedback. I asked if they are collecting this weekend and they said no but I have noticed they live about 80 miles away. What should I do ?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Give him a "collect by" date and if he doesn't collect by then, give appropriate feedback and report to e-bay.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Ok Would like the cold hard cash in my hand though.
E bay will be charging £8 for listing and the sale whether i get the money or not.

It was a rude message, at least they could have said no but we will arrange to collect on x day.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Ask them for a definate pickup date and if they dont give one tell them you will report them to ebay unless they give a pickup date, if you dont get one report them to ebay as a non paying bidder and get your fees refunded relist and move on.

I used to be a powerseller on ebay and this happens from time to time but at the end of the day you cant wait forever for your money.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
phil_hg_uk said:
Ask them for a definate pickup date and if they dont give one tell them you will report them to ebay unless they give a pickup date, if you dont get one report them to ebay as a non paying bidder and get your fees refunded relist and move on.

I used to be a powerseller on ebay and this happens from time to time but at the end of the day you cant wait forever for your money.

How long is reasonable ?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well that is up to you, ask yourself if you had bought the item how long would you expect to get away without paying.

It really annoys me when people mess you around on ebay its exectly that kind of behaviour that gives ebay a bad name, when I buy stuff on there I always pay there and then.

I would email the buyer and tell them you want a firm date they are going to pickup and pay for the item, if the date is not in the near future tell them you want payment by paypal now as you are out of pocket because of the ebay fees.

If he still doesnt play ball just report him and move on.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Whenever I sell I always state as part of my listing:-

Payment to be made with 5 days otherwise the item will be re-listed and you will be reported to e bay as a non paying bidder.

Like Phil whenever I have won anything I normally pay for it there and then and the slowest I have ever been is 24 hours.

Send them an e mail saying payment is required by end of day tomorrow otherwise you will report it to e bay

weevil

If their reply has left you no nearer to a completed sale, then visit eBay's Resolution Centre and open a dispute.

Anyone with 200 positive feedback is probably keen to keep it, so will probably buck their ideas up. If they do, then you can simply close the dispute and there's no harm done.

If your buyer still won't play ball, then eBay should find in your favour, in which case you'll get the final valuation fee refunded and you can re-list for nothing (if I recall correctly).

If you had other bidders -- ideally with bids close to the winning bid -- then you can make a "Second Chance Offer" to any one of them. I would send an email in advance of the offer to see whether their intended recipient is still interested.

Be aware that there are time limits on disputes, so do take the time to read and understand the rules.

And, if you didn't already know, sellers can no longer leave bad, or neutral feedback for buyers.

I hope you get it sorted. I certainly found eBay very helpful when I bought a bike which was most certainly "not as described". They (not the seller) refunded my money and I still have the bike...which I'll be putting back on eBay with an HONEST description.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Well it'll be 2 weeks Sunday. I E mailed Monday saying Payment by Sunday or I will raise it as a dispute as E Bay have already invoiced me for the fees.

Top Bottom