E bike in the UK with LED dashboard instead of LCD available?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie 1

Hi, as the title.I already have the Carrera Cross City bike with LED dashboard display which is easy to read.I find LCD very difficult.Are there any other options that are reasonably priced with an LED dashboard (the style that shows red lights for performance settings etc)?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hi, as the title.I already have the Carrera Cross City bike with LED dashboard display which is easy to read.I find LCD very difficult.Are there any other options that are reasonably priced with an LED dashboard (the style that shows red lights for performance settings etc)?

pretty sure the mates giant was LED, but not 100% sure.....and specialized turbo levo, just had lights on the top tube, dashboard was an optional extra

CXRAndy

Guru
What system of motor has the bike got ? Bosch, Yamaha, Brose, Bafang

The proprietary makes, restrict which parts are swappable. Bafang does allow a small variety of different display types

OP
OP
A

Alfie 1

Hi.Sorry I named the requested item as "dashboard",what I actually meant was the speed settings options that I would like to be LED (economy/sport/turbo settings etc) just the basics.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hi.Sorry I named the requested item as "dashboard",what I actually meant was the speed settings options that I would like to be LED (economy/sport/turbo settings etc) just the basics.

defo specialized then......and again im pretty sure my mates giant was, but again not 100%

If you are building an ebike from a kit using a KT controller there are basic bubble button LED displays as an option but because they lack a LCD display you can't alter parameters that you might want to in the controller. They provide more basic control of the controller but you can still have 3 assistance levels, walk mode or lights and a few other things like battery level. You have to match the display compatibility to the controller, Kuteng(KT) is a commonly supported controller chipset and firmware. You often see the same type of panel on entry level ebikes including Halfords and Decathlon models although they may be customised slightly.

71ZoM9df9zS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Slightly different view
But I also have a CrossCity-e and I know what you mean about the LEDs being easy to see

However, I also have a Raleigh Motus with the Purion LCD display - small, basic but easy to see in any weather and lighting

I do have problems with phones in bright light - my old one was useless but even the new one os difficult.
My point is that I thing there are some dedicated LCD screen that have big bold letters and are easy to see, Naturally this reduces the amount of data that can be displayed - but then, how much do you need?

I honestly find it easy to glance at my Motus display and pick up power levels and assist levels - trhan I do with the LCDs on the CrossCItye

Top Bottom