EACH Snetterton circuit ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
image.png

Going to this on Friday, did the same event last August, was very enjoyable. £10 min donation gets you a ride, in aid of East Anglian children's hospice. Kids can ride, everyone needs a helmet.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
image.jpeg

A great event last night and for a great cause.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
No helmet no ride ..... again Charity loses out
Seemed pretty busy to us but yeah I guess you could be right, some may have been put off, but the rules are the rules, I'm sure you wouldn't have minded wearing one for a couple of hours, I mean if you can wear one when its icy then why not when on a race track? There were even a few bents there........

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Oh well, many are prepared to don a lid to raise a bit of cash for a good cause.

Taken from the Silverstone time trial challenge event website for October 2016
  • Do I need to wear a helmet?
There is no British law to compel cyclists, of any age, to wear helmets when cycling, even though the Highway Code suggests that cyclists should wear a cycle helmet. However, all cyclists will be required to wear a helmet at the Silverstone Time Trial Challenge and any cyclist not doing so will not be permitteed to ride.

It's not just Snetterton (Motor sport vision).

My apologies this was not intended to be a helmet debate...

I have no issue if people wish t wear a helmet, it is more a case of excluding those who don't

I remember a similar case at a race track where the show event and display area was held inside the circuit.

People were not being allowed to cycle across the track without a helmet, they had to dismount and walk

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
My apologies this was not intended to be a helmet debate...

I have no issue if people wish t wear a helmet, it is more a case of excluding those who don't

I remember a similar case at a race track where the show event and display area was held inside the circuit.

People were not being allowed to cycle across the track without a helmet, they had to dismount and walk
I know but as the other one is locked :whistle:,
No you're right let's not turn it into one.
Yeah I'm sure that would have applied to this track aswell, strictly no helmet no ride (on the track) and we had to fill in an indemnity form, it's all insurance and covering ones back I guess.

It was great to take the kids and they didn't want to stop after two and a half hours, good family fun no matter what they were wearing.

Top Bottom