Earbud Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just bought my first pair of wireless earbuds(Sony) which come with three sizes of tips(s,m,l) and none of them are a great fit.I think i have quite small ear canals.
I have been reading about the foam tips which companies like comply make saying they give you a better fit and sound over the silicone ones.
The negatives to me compared to the silicone tips is they don't last as long and are more expensive.
Like to know your thoughts please?

If they don't fit out of the box I'd send them back. Expensive to lose.

si_c

Guru
Just bought my first pair of wireless earbuds(Sony) which come with three sizes of tips(s,m,l) and none of them are a great fit.I think i have quite small ear canals.
I have been reading about the foam tips which companies like comply make saying they give you a better fit and sound over the silicone ones.
The negatives to me compared to the silicone tips is they don't last as long and are more expensive.
Like to know your thoughts please?
I'd give it a shot, Sony use pretty standard pegs for all their headphones, so if you do get some the aftermarket ones should be reasonably transferable.

I have a jiffy bag of replacement buds as I lose them regularly, it wouldn't be worth me getting alternatives despite my right ear being slightly larger than my left and so falling between the medium and large buds. I can't wear large/med on different ears as it's too distracting so I put up with a slightly poor fit on one ear.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Yes @si_c my right ear is larger than my left as well.
I had some generic mixed size ear tips which i bought from Amazon when i had some wired earbuds and there was what looked like an extra small size and that has fitted better.
A good fit certainly makes the quality of the sound better.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Mine fit perfectly but there’s a ‘knack’ to getting them to do so, they’re inserted twisted about 4S degrees clockwise of where they’ll end up and then at the very end twist them back to seat properly - once inserted in that way the fit is ‘like a glove’. They’ll never fit properly simply pushing them in … mine came with a little diagram showing this - good luck, worth persevering :okay:

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Thanks @Colin Grigson :okay:
Yes I've tried that and they sit nice.The only problem is that using that method the tips don't go deep enough into my ear canal and it ends up sounding like what we used to say in the day "tinny".
To get a good seal and sound for me the buds do stick out but i'll have to put up with that.
I'm only using them at home so know one else will see me.:ohmy:

Top Bottom