Earth Hour ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone switching their lights off for an hour then - 8.30pm. tonight ?

We are - more for a little 'fun' with the kids - my son has rounded up all the candles and holders - we might start early though.

PaulB

Legendary Member
What if a plane crashes into the Trafford Centre? Could be from/to Manchester Airport or Barton. Hmm. They never thought of that, did they?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
fossyant said:
Anyone switching their lights off for an hour then - 8.30pm. tonight ?

We are - more for a little 'fun' with the kids - my son has rounded up all the candles and holders - we might start early though.

What's that all about then?

We try not to use lights and have shed loads of candles anyway.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Son has just found 27 blooming candle holders - where the hell did they all come from..... never mind saving the planet - all the heat from that little lot will contribute to global warming.

just jim

At the same time, all the turbo trainers in the world could be used (needs some research this bit...ed) to generate enough power to light up...Pitlochry!!!

just jim

Sorry - my decision is final.

Noodley

I'm going to a hotel tonight (which reminds me I need to be getting ready and buggering off there soon) and they'd better not switch the lights off.

Mind you, I could always have 'stealth beers' if they did. xx(

Right, catch you all again when I have a hangover....

marooncat

arranandy said:
I'm going out to watch the Scotland v Holland game this evening (7.45 KO) I wonder if the pub will switch off the lights at 8.30 or maybe if Scotland are 4-0 down at this point they might switch the TV off as well!! LOL!!

I was at the game and I wish they had turned the lights off at the ground :biggrin:

Top Bottom