Easter Bank Hol (Cycling ?) or otherwise plans 🤷‍♂️

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have been riding to work all of it, as I was rostered to be working all 4 Easter days, but now we're away Fri - Mon, in Edinburgh

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I have planned (as much as I do anyway) to head for Hastings taking in Battle along the way. Never visited by bike and venture in to London before a train from St Pancras. Loose plan and may change on a whim.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hate bank holidays, but Easter Sunday is absolutely horrible! No shops worth mentioning will be open! It's as depressing as Christmas Day, but at least it doesn't go dark at 4.15, like it does on Christmas day. Then we have that extra bank holiday for the Coronation to endure ffs!!:thumbsdown: Why do many head for Dover then hopefully onto France at bank holidays, when as usual the French go out their way to make travel to the continent almost impossible?:cursing: Hours and hours, even days of misery!! Why bother?! Surely if they feel like they have to get away, why not stay in Britain for a break?!🤔

I hate bank holidays, but Easter Sunday is absolutely horrible! No shops worth mentioning will be open! It's as depressing as Christmas Day, but at least it doesn't go dark at 4.15, like it does on Christmas day. Then we have that extra bank holiday for the Coronation to endure ffs!!:thumbsdown: Why do many head for Dover then hopefully onto France at bank holidays, when as usual the French go out their way to make travel to the continent almost impossible?:cursing: Hours and hours, even days of misery!! Why bother?! Surely if they feel like they have to get away, why not stay in Britain for a break?!🤔
and they always sound so surprised that their travel plans have gone to sh1te. Can’t they remember reports from last year and the year before and…

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My Easter plans are: Friday - work until 6. Saturday - Work until 6. Sunday ride. Monday, Work until 5.30 :sad:

Top Bottom