EBAY: Good homes wanted for Dawes Shadow and two Raleighs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Having a clearout, wondered if these were useful to anyone here.

I'm going to sell my 1970s / 1980s Dawes Shadow as I haven't the time or enthusiasm to give it the TLC it needs. Spec is Reynolds 500 frame 63cm / 24.5" C-C, Weinmann brakes, Huret mechs (12 speed), downtube friction shifters, 700c wheels. It's basically sound and the frame is good but the wheels need trueing and the brakes and mechs need some oil and TLC, bars need retaping. I'd like to see £45 for it which is what the new (less than 10 miles) 700 x 28 Panaracer Crosstowns (not fitted in photo) and new tubes on it owe me - alternatively I'll take the tyres and tubes off and the rest is whatever I'm bid!

IMG_5886s.jpg

First Raleigh is an Impulse ladies with drop bars, rather lovely turquoise colour, 19" / 48 cm C-T, 26" wheels but road tyres and full mudguards, 12 speed Shimano SIS but with stem shifters, needs a good service and possibly a chain but is quite tidy. Not a lot or nearest offer.

Second Raleigh is a Calypso ladies, my other half's old bike now replaced; 20" / 51 cm C-T, Shimano SIS with a thrilling 5 speeds, 26" wheels with 26 x 1.75 tyres, tidy frame in a peculiar metallic purply-green candyflake sort of colour. Again, not a lot or nearest offer.

Anyone interested give us a shout in the next few days, then they'll be going on eBay or somewhere.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Last chance, no-one want these before I ebay / freecycle them?

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Hi guys, sorry for the delay replying. Yes, the bikes are still available. You both have messages.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
djtheglove said:
Sorry HF2300 count me out,If you had been local to me then maybe!

Thought that might be the case DJ, no worries!

Photo of Impulse:

IMG_7031s.jpg

Photo of Calypso:

IMG_7027s.jpg

Dave5N

Über Member
taki said:
do you have any pictures of the ladies impulse?

:blush:

TRy Google, but be careful what you wish for... xx(

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Thanks to whoever changed the title :biggrin:

Less than a day to go, grab a bargain!

Top Bottom