Ebay - returning a defective item

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'd have waited until you got and checked the first one before ordering another.....

Should be covered in the detail of the original listing....along with whether any postage cost from original purchase gets refunded.

You ca always raise a complaint with ebay if out of pocket

Reactions: C R

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If defective then the seller has to pay. You only have to pay return postage if you're returning it due to other reasons like you've changed your mind or don't get on with it. Any problems, raise it with Ebay. Especially if the seller is private where they often try to make you pay for returns.

dicko

Guru
In February I bought from eBay an outside PIR porch lamp, it developed a fault on Saturday night, it wouldn’t turn off. I contacted the seller on Sunday and he put a replacement in the post Monday and was delivered today, Wednesday. How’s that for eBay service?

dicko

Guru
I've just bought a phone on ebay that doesn't work. I've opened a return request. Who has to pay for the postage, me or the seller?

The seller will provide you with a pre paid return label, read the instructions and just stick it on the box and leave it for collection. Royal Mail collects it from my front door.

richardfm

Veteran
Not on my browser.

Screenshot_20231116-093035.png

Top Bottom