EBAY: Spanninga SPXb Battery Rear Mudguard Lamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As recommended by Chris Juden of the CTC iirc. Great for commuting, and Audax, and FNRttC, and any other night time road cycling you might undertake. The title tells you pretty much all you need to know, and details are on the eBay listing. Here they are if you want one. If you do buy one please mention you are from the Cycle Chat forum.

I sold some through the CTC forum a couple of years or so ago. Got a new bike in mind which will need one and the P&P from Jos International is still a bit silly* for one lamp so decided to buy a few and sell them on to cover my costs, just like before. These are significantly more expensive than they were due to the current poor €/£ exchange rate so I've put them on eBay to reach a wider audience so I don't have to explain to SWMBO why there is a box of (more) bike lamps under the bed.

I am the cyclingbassplayer on eBay btw, no one else is involved.

*but is probably accounted for by the amount of Jos branded parcel tape they use on their packages and the individual wrapping of each lamp by hand icon_wink.gif

(cross posted on the CTC Forum)

spiro

Are these only any good for mounting on mudguards or can they be mounted elsewhere? Thinking of a pair for the back of my trike as I am planning to put a reflective plate across the rear of the set with a light at either end for maximum visibility.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
spiro said:
Are these only any good for mounting on mudguards or can they be mounted elsewhere? Thinking of a pair for the back of my trike as I am planning to put a reflective plate across the rear of the set with a light at either end for maximum visibility.

This might help answer your question as might....

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
an let's be clear; the screw in the diagram with the countersunk head hold the lens on. It is noting to do with the bolt that is fitted to the body of the lamp to mount it to the mudguard with provided nut and spring washer.

just jim

Recieved today Greg thanks.

It works very well indeed - having trouble typing this. due to temporary blindness.

The single LED is very powerful - I held my finger up to the light and I could see right through it. I would bring it to parties to amuse my friends if A) I got invited to parties and ;) I had any friends.

Top Bottom