Ebikes helping with anxiety strange question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even going up some of the steep hills that you have round there...? :whistle:

How much does it weigh?
Hi Colin,
Without power I can manage hills up to 10% for short distances but am more comfortable at 7% and under.
With power I can cycle up Ffordd Pen Llech, the steepest road in the UK (37.45%)).
The (specialized creo e-bike) technical specifications say the bikes weight is 13.3kg and my weight is 76kg.
Joe

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hi Colin,
Without power I can manage hills up to 10% for short distances but am more comfortable at 7% and under.
With power I can cycle up Ffordd Pen Llech, the steepest road in the UK (37.45%)).
The (specialized creo e-bike) technical specifications say the bikes weight is 13.3kg and my weight is 76kg.
Joe

Well done! You are fortunate to have the power in your leg muscles to be able do that. If you've added pedals, saddle pack bottle cages etc to the bike it will weigh well over 13.3 kg.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why does I matter, your prejudice against them it's showing again, some people ride for pure enjoyment not to chase KOM's all the time.

Once again you are spouting absolute b*ll*cks on the subject!!! :cursing:

I have already told you repeatedly that I have absolutely NO problem whatsoever with people riding ebikes but you keep going on and on about it as if I DO have.

@harlechjoe had just posted that he sometimes rides the bike with the motor off and I was specifically interested in how he got on in THAT situation on steep hills.

I had a cycling holiday in the Harlech area and some of the hills were absolute killers on my bike which only weighed about 10-11 kg. I was NOT trying to chase KOMs - I was just trying to get up the damn things, and I only just managed it. I was simply enquiring how much the ebike weighed because I wouldn't have fancied riding up (for example) THIS b*st*rd on a heavier bike...

Steep Welsh hill near Harlech.jpg

13.3 kg isn't too much of an increase over my bike but I have ridden with forum members on ebikes which weighed 25+ kgs, which bloody well IS.

Anyway... GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again you are spouting absolute b*ll*cks on the subject!!! :cursing:

I have already told you repeatedly that I have absolutely NO problem whatsoever with people riding ebikes but you keep going on and on about it as if I DO have.

@harlechjoe had just posted that he sometimes rides the bike with the motor off and I was specifically interested in how he got on in THAT situation on steep hills.

I had a cycling holiday in the Harlech area and some of the hills were absolute killers on my bike which only weighed about 10-11 kg. I was NOT trying to chase KOMs - I was just trying to get up the damn things, and I only just managed it. I was simply enquiring how much the ebike weighed because I wouldn't have fancied riding up (for example) THIS b*st*rd on a heavier bike...

View attachment 654009

13.3 kg isn't too much of an increase over my bike but I have ridden with forum members on ebikes which weighed 25+ kgs, which bloody well IS.

Anyway... GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Colin - Look me up when you're next in the area, all the best , Joe

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Colin - Look me up when you're next in the area, all the best , Joe

Thanks. I would love to go back and if I do, I will definitely let you know!

The only downer last time was a nightmare journey back with the bikes. The train was packed and there were already lots of bikes on board. The guard was pulling what was left of his hair out! The only reason that he let us on was that he was a cyclist and felt sorry for us but I think he had to stop any more bikes being brought on at later stops.

I think we chose a bad day for it. Chester races, big events on in Manchester... I also think they were short of rolling stock so there were fewer seats available. We had to stand a long time before a few people got off and freed up some seats.

Next time I would avoid days with anything on likely to increase passenger numbers, and travel earlier in the day.

CXRAndy

Guru
My e-bike weighs 35kg, good for 50 miles flat 30miles hilly. You don't feel the weight. I have taken most of the KOM times for most of the steep hills around me, but have hidden my rides so not to upset the regular riders. In the last year or so, riding outside for big miles isn't as appealing as it once was. I tend to do my exercise with racing on Zwift, do shopping, going to the pub on my Ebike. If this trend continues, I'll probably get rid of my other bikes.

My e-bike weighs 35kg, good for 50 miles flat 30miles hilly. You don't feel the weight. I have taken most of the KOM times for most of the steep hills around me, but have hidden my rides so not to upset the regular riders. In the last year or so, riding outside for big miles isn't as appealing as it once was. I tend to do my exercise with racing on Zwift, do shopping, going to the pub on my Ebike. If this trend continues, I'll probably get rid of my other bikes.

I sold my tourer for the e-bike which has brought back the pleasure of cycling, replacing endurance with enjoyment; mind you I'm closer to 70 than 17 !
:rolleyes:

CXRAndy

Guru
I sold my tourer for the e-bike which has brought back the pleasure of cycling, replacing endurance with enjoyment; mind you I'm closer to 70 than 17 !
:rolleyes:

Im in my late 50s, but don't yet have the desire to bang out 80-100 milers. I race 30mins to 1hour. I do endurance rides on Zwift of around 2 hours. plenty

Top Bottom