"Eco Villages"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last week, dawdling through the windy West London, homeward bound, I noticed that someone had put the sheets out to dry on the hoardings of St George at Kew Bridge.

"Eco Village" was the proclamation, and it turns out to be this.

Have you got one near you, and, in principle, is this a good thing?

The developers, St George hope it doesn't drag on...I'm sure.

I've got no objection as long as they pay their council tax :smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's Stoney!

I may have missed your point here, but St. George may be hoping it does drag on. Ooooh yessiirreeee! It could be that they are loving it. It all adds to the pressure on the Council to give permission for something that St. George want to build.

There is of course absolutely no truth in the rumours that some small developers have fly-tipped on their own sites, or invited travellers to take up residence.......

Maz

Guru
dellzeqq said:
I may have missed your point here, but St. George may be hoping it does drag on...
As in 'fire-breathing'? Yes, I think you did miss the point.

We've got a so-called 'eco-town' planned for round here...by the name of Pennbury. Hopefully it will not materialise.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:
In this instance St George have got 'plans in' - due before the beak shortly etc... I'm naturally a conspiracy theorist so I agree that rent a mob may well be there to invite a favourable decision.
The very thought that Stoney might an innocent dupe in a ploy run by a property developer is completely ridiculous, and you should put it out of your head immediately.

Maz

Guru
dellzeqq...i've seen your avatar before. Some guy called simonandahalf (or something like that) used to have it. Does anyone else remember him?

Maz said:
dellzeqq...i've seen your avatar before. Some guy called simonandahalf (or something like that) used to have it. Does anyone else remember him?

Yes - I do Maz...that was one of the eco-types who post on P&L - I thought it might weedle him out..no luck though:wacko:

Top Bottom