Edge 805 question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
I have an Edge 705 and 800 and too be honest didn't really see anything extra in the 805 that warranted the price.

I've recently started going camping with the bike and there are a couple of things that I miss from when I'm at home with access to my laptop/computer.

I'd like to be able to upload the days ride to Garmin Connect each evening and I'd also like to use bikeroutetoaster.com to plan the next days ride and download it to my Edge so I can use the guidance.

I do have an iPad and so I was wondering if there was a solution I could use with that.

Am I right in thinking that you can upload from the Edge 805 via Bluetooth to the iPad (with Garmin Connect app installed) and since the iPad has Internet connection it'll then be stored with the rest of my rides on Garmin Connect? - if so that'll solve my first problem.

Is there a way I can then plan a route on my iPad and get it to the Edge 805 a which will solve my second problem.

Thanks for the help :smile:

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Should have said - bikeroutetoaster doesn't seem to work that we'll on the iPad, the map jumps about all over the place when you're trying to manipulate it so I'd probably need to find a more iPad friendly route planning site?

Top Bottom