Edinburgh Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just had a wee taster session today at Meadowbank, was brilliant ! I`ve ridden fixed gear for a while now so not new too me but riding the boards was different. Got a fair bit of speed up and its weird riding round the banking.There were only another two guys there with me so it was great tuition and not busy but I now appreciate the skill and control riding on the track. Great fun and keen to go back, think my two sons want a go now.

oldroadman

Veteran
Track and cyclo-cross, both good ways to improve bike handling skills. Plus they can be fun (and possibly painful) sessions!

Meadowbank is a great track, used to go there to race a few years ago - I gave up when all the racing moved to Glasgow and they declined to accept Meadowbank accreditation.

zizou

Veteran
Meadowbank is a great track, used to go there to race a few years ago - I gave up when all the racing moved to Glasgow and they declined to accept Meadowbank accreditation.

You should be able to race in Glasgow if youve raced previously at Meadowbank. You wont be able to do structured training or drop ins but the accreditation for Meadowbank is accepted for racing (or at least was last year this years Autumn track league hasnt started up yet)

You should be able to race in Glasgow if youve raced previously at Meadowbank. You wont be able to do structured training or drop ins but the accreditation for Meadowbank is accepted for racing (or at least was last year this years Autumn track league hasnt started up yet)

You couldn't when it was first opened, but they may have changed it now. Oh well, árse. I've stopped riding the track league now anyway because of it moved to Glasgow.

zizou

Veteran
You couldn't when it was first opened, but they may have changed it now. Oh well, árse. I've stopped riding the track league now anyway because of it moved to Glasgow.

the Meadowbank league has been back on this summer, ERC are now running it.

Martin McNeely

Do they have a winter league? Looking to purchase a track bike for winter indoor training, sorry for hijacking a post, didn't think it was worthy of a new topic. Cheers

zizou

Veteran
Do they have a winter league? Looking to purchase a track bike for winter indoor training, sorry for hijacking a post, didn't think it was worthy of a new topic. Cheers

Glasgow yes but not Meadowbank

Top Bottom